How to Choose a General Contractor?
You’ve decided to construct a new building or renovate an existing one. The foundation for the project can determine the ease of the process and the ultimate success. One of the most important decisions you’ll have to make is selecting your general contractor.
Choosing a general contractor is serious business. One could just look in the Yellow Pages or stop a guy with a sign on his truck. Nothing is more important than the right decision. How many times have you heard stories of construction or renovation projects gone wrong? Our recommendation is to use the following test to see how a general contractor stacks up.
Testing for a General Contractor
Don’t assume anyone with a truck and a hammer is a general contractor. No matter what size your carpentry job is, AOC Environmental recommends a short test. Make sure the person or company you want to select can provide the following:
- Does the company have a business registration and insurance for their employees?
- Does the company have a minimum of $5 million in General Liability Insurance?
- Does the company have certified carpenters on staff who will supervise and work on your job?
- Does the company have experience with the type of work your project entails?
- Does the company have project management experience and experience in securing all necessary approval permits for construction and renovations?
- Does the company have other licensed trades personnel, either in-house or as part of a delivery team, who are willing and able to work on your project?
- Does the company have the ability to Bond the project to the limits required to protect you against default or disaster?
- Does the company have references so you can confirm the company has performed as it suggests?
- Does the company have a good reputation with the Better Business Bureau, or are there unresolved issues?
- Does the company have a previous record of litigation due to poor work?
Due Diligence Pays Off
If you want a chance at success, these questions are just a few of the issues you should address with any potential contractor. There are so many ways a contractor can push for extra work orders. Anything left out of a contract can come to bite you one way or another. Don’t ever base your decision on a friend’s recommendation or on price alone. Price isn’t everything. Repairing a project that ends up being a disaster just isn’t worth it.
AOC Environmental of Wichita Falls Texas has the correct answers to each of these questions. They’re a premium general contracting company providing construction and renovation services for large or small projects. You don’t have to ask the questions. You’ll get the answers. You’ll be shown their credentials. They want you to be as comfortable and trusting with them as they are with you.
A Construction or Renovation Project is a Two-Way Street
AOC Environmental considers communications and decision-making as a two-way street when they accept a construction or renovation project. They never forget the project is yours. Their obligation and responsibility is working for you and performing beyond your expectations. It’s your project. They’ll give you the details and choices. It’s your responsibility to make the decisions.
AOC Environmental works to the highest professional standards. They won’t leave a project until their clients are more than satisfied. They’ll even provide a list of satisfied customers. AOC Environmental appreciates that they’re only as good as their last job. They’ll go beyond your expectations to ensure you’re happy.
Choosing a general contractor is serious business. Ask anyone you are considering to answer the questions above. Check out AOC Environmental’s website. You’ll like what you see. Give them a call today at 940-692-8989 for your construction and renovation. No matter how big or small, you’ll be more than happy with the results.
AOC Environmental is the best in general contracting.